The Gerrit Rietveld Academie is an international university of applied sciences for Fine Arts and Design in Amsterdam (NL). It is home to a close-knit, international community of students from across the world. Students and teachers jointly create a learning environment that brings together thinking and doing and where unexpected, innovative ideas are born.
This frontpage is weekly curated by a different student, department or alumnus presenting work in progress or in its final phase. Book the front page.
Calendar Add to calendar
- The Pavilion is looking for (a) new Manager(s)
- Eight Cubic Meters by TXT (Textile)
- The Large Glass 50 Years Symposium
- The Large Glass department turns 50: Exhibition at Looiersgracht 60
- RietveldTV by Jasper de Bruin: Morgen wordt alles hetzelfde
All full-time students follow a general first year called Basicyear and choose a specialisation for in-depth study during the following three years: Architectural Design, designLAB, Fashion, Graphic Design, Jewellery - linking bodies, TXT (Textile), Ceramics, Fine Arts, The Large Glass, Beeld en Taal, Photography or VAV - moving image.
The Rietveld Academie also offers a part-time Bachelor's programme called DOGtime with two specialisations: IDUM (Interaction Design Unstable Media) and Fine Arts. Besides this, we offer two preparatory courses: the Preparatory Course and the Orientation Course. Master’s degree programmes are offered at the Sandberg Instituut.
The academy has twenty workshops at its disposal. Some of these are for general use and others are specific to particular departments. The workshops enable students to experiment with different techniques and materials and provide the opportunity to learn to use professional equipment. They form the very heart of the academy.
- Vacancy: Head of department Architectural Design
- New episode of Alumni Now with Mila Lanfermeijer
- The new Fedlev building is nominated for the Amsterdamse Architectuurprijs 2019