The Gerrit Rietveld Academie is an international university of applied sciences for Fine Arts and Design in Amsterdam (NL). It is home to a close-knit, international community of students from across the world. Students and teachers jointly create a learning environment that brings together thinking and doing and where unexpected, innovative ideas are born.
Read here more about our plans for the 2020/21 academic year to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
This frontpage is weekly curated by a different student, department or alumnus presenting work in progress or in its final phase. Book the front page.
Calendar Add to calendar
- Eight Cubic Meters by Join Collective Clothes with Scheltens & Abbenes
- Photography graduates at Foam
- Quinsy Gario, To reparatively remember: On 'we offered Maurice dates, grassshoppers and water'
- Public defence Yael Davids – Creator Doctus
All full-time students follow a general first year called Basicyear and choose a specialisation for in-depth study during the following three years: Architectural Design, designLAB, Fashion, Graphic Design, Jewellery - linking bodies, TXT (Textile), Ceramics, Fine Arts, The Large Glass, Beeld en Taal, Photography or VAV - moving image.
The Rietveld Academie also offers a part-time Bachelor's programme called DOGtime with two specialisations: Unstable Media and Expanded Painting. Besides this, we offer two preparatory courses: the Preparatory Course and the Orientation Course. Master’s degree programmes are offered at the Sandberg Instituut.
The academy has twenty workshops at its disposal. Some of these are for general use and others are specific to particular departments. The workshops enable students to experiment with different techniques and materials and provide the opportunity to learn to use professional equipment. They form the very heart of the academy.
- Rineke Dijkstra wins Johannes Vermeer Award 2020
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie neemt deel aan Open Monumentendag 2020
- Start of the academic year and COVID measures