You can approach us as confidential advisers whenever you are concerned about undesirable behaviour by colleagues, teachers, students or managers. This means behaviour that you experience as inappropriate, unwelcome, hurtful or threatening. That includes bullying, harassment, gossip, sexual intimidation, aggression, violence and discrimination, but also other forms of abuse, for example corruption or fraud.
Our starting points are:
- Every conversation is confidential.
- We never take action without your permission.
- We will search for solutions together, but you are the one who decides on and takes the next step.
Internal confidential Advisors for Students and Employees
External Confidential Advisor for Students and Employees
Heleen van Bruggen
Ombuds Officer for staff
As part of a pilot project, the Gerrit Rietveld Academie will have an Ombuds Officer for staff from 1 June 2023. An Ombuds Officer is an independent and impartial person with whom Gerrit Rietveld Academie-employees can informally and confidentially discuss a complaint or problem.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- For reports or complaints of undesirable behaviour that cannot be resolved by the parties involved, an employee may contact the confidential advisors and, if necessary, the Undesirable Behaviour Complaints Committee.
- Any employee with a permanent, temporary or assignment contract may contact the Ombudsman.