The Preparatory Course implies that besides the classes at the academy you also need an average of four hours a week to prepare classes and assessments, to finish and organise your work, and to maintain a dialogue with fellow participants. It is also important to keep in touch with art- and design related events in and out of Amsterdam and the Rietveld Academie. That will take up at least four hours per month.
For above mentioned reasons, we advise against studying at another institute simultaneously with the Preparatory Course.
Introduction Wednesday 29 September 2021
Start classes Friday 1 October 2021
• Monday, 10.00am – 13.00pm: Drawing class (10x)
• Monday 3 hours of Design class
• Wednesday 3 hours Art class
• Friday afternoons, 2 – 5pm: Theory, excursions or drawing class
• Extra Workshop introductions (TBC due to Covid measures)x
Workshop introductions for wood, metal, printing, letterpress and computer introductions take two to four half-day sessions in the first semester on days of your own choice. (After the workshop introductions participants can make appointments to use the workshops during the week).