• Monday mornings, 10.30am – 2.30pm: Drawing class (10x)
• Monday evenings, 6 – 9pm: Design class
• Wednesday mornings, 10am– 1pm: Art class
• Friday afternoons, 2 – 5pm: Theory, excursions or drawing class
• Six Wednesday or Thursday afternoons, 2 – 5pm: Workshop introductions
Workshop introductions for wood, metal, printing, letterpress and computer introductions take two to four half-day sessions in the first semester on days of your own choice. (After the workshop introductions participants can make appointments to use the workshops during the week).
The Preparatory Year implies that you also need an average of four hours a week to prepare classes and assessments, to finish and organise your work, and to maintain a dialogue with fellow students. It is also important to keep in touch with art- and design related events in and out of Amsterdam and the Rietveld Academie. That will take up at least four hours per month.
For reasons as mentioned above we advise against studying at another institute simultaneously with the Preparatory Year.