• Monday mornings, 10.30am – 2.30pm: Drawing class (10x)
• Monday evenings, 6 – 9pm: Design class
• Wednesday mornings, 10am– 1pm: Art class
• Friday afternoons, 2 – 5pm: Theory, excursions or drawing class
• Six Wednesday or Thursday afternoons, 2 – 5pm: Workshop introductions
• Welcome dinner: Wednesday 18 September, 4.00 - 7.00 PM.
• First Theory class: Friday 20 September (ARTSHOWER).
• First Design class: Monday 23 September, at 6.00 PM.
• First ART class: Wednesday 25 September, at 10.00 AM.
• Autumn break: 19 - 27 October.
• First assessments: 16 to 20 December.
• X-mas break: 21 December 2019 - 5 January 2020.
• Open Day: Friday 31 January 2020.
• Spring break: 15 - 23 February 2020.
• Final assessments: 6 to 9 April 2020.
Workshop introductions for wood, metal, printing, letterpress and computer introductions take two to four half-day sessions in the first semester on days of your own choice. (After the workshop introductions participants can make appointments to use the workshops during the week).
The Preparatory Course implies that you also need an average of four hours a week to prepare classes and assessments, to finish and organise your work, and to maintain a dialogue with fellow students. It is also important to keep in touch with art- and design related events in and out of Amsterdam and the Rietveld Academie. That will take up at least four hours per month.
For above mentioned reasons, we advise against studying at another institute simultaneously with the Preparatory Course.