Classes are cancelled, and workshops are closed. All teaching activities on the location of the academy are cancelled as a precaution measure to limit the spread of the new Coronavirus. With most of us working from home these days, we’re looking for new ways to translate our analog Rietveld community into a digital one. That’s why we’re asking members of the Rietveld community (staff, students, alumni) to share what they’re up to. This has resulted in the #RietveldatHome interview series on Instagram and Facebook.
We have talked to, amongst others:
- Willem Sjoerd van Vliet, Public Rietveld - Internal Communication
- François Girard-Meunier, Rietveld graduate, designer
- Erik Mattijssen, artist & mentor Basicyear
- Rixta, one half of the receptionist team
- Yunting Zhang, Rietveld graduate (Jewellery - Linking bodies) and maker of the latest RietveldTV episode
- Miquel Hervás Gómez of the Book Binding workshop
- Ea Polman of the Textile Workshop + MR + Editorial Board
- Lyubov Matyunina, Rietveld graduate and initiator of 'home gallery' HOMESTER.
- Lauren Fong, student VAV – moving image and initiator of the Virtual Glass Pavilion
- Christina Hallström of the Screenprinting workshop
- Oskar Frere-Smith (VAV-graduation year) & Eloïse Dieutegard (Jewellery - linking bodies graduate), Rietveld canteen chefs who turned their own kitchen into a test kitchen.
- Matilda Kenttä, student TXT department
- Joos Wiersinga, workshopkeeper from the Letterpress Workshop who made a video tutorial how students can have printing fun at home.