A sense of belonging to a particular state, an attachment to its national identity are never stronger than when countries are in conflict with each other.
After the Ukrainian revolution of 2014 followed by the occupation of the eastern part of Ukraine by Russia patriotic fervour started to grow. Olga Permiakova went to her home town Kyiv looking for objects painted in the colours of the Ukrainian flag. By documenting this phenomenon artist makes a reminder about Maidan, Crimea and Donbass, emphasising that the conflict that is going on now has actually united people.
Capri Blue / Traffic Yellow are the actual colours of the flag of Ukraine according to the RAL colour matching system.
Olga Permiakova is a photography alumnus.
- POSTPONED / Design #5: Jólan van der Wiel - Dragonstone at Keramiekmuseum Princessehof, Leeuwarden
- POSTPONED / JENNIFER TEE: FALLING FEATHERS at the National Museum of Ceramics, Leeuwarden
- A Video Tour of CÉLINE MANZ. 9 ESPACES DISTINCTS
- Something in-between, Station Breda
- POSTPONED / NUDE - ARISING FROM THE GROUND