Further to your application for the entrance examination to one of the higher bachelor course years of the Gerrit Rietveld Academie, we invite you to attend your entrance exam. The exam schedule is sent by email invitation to all scheduled candidates.
During the entrance examination you will have an interview with the admissions committee and you have to present a large selection of your art/design work (preferably no older than 3 years). So please bring a large selection of your art/design work to the entrance exam! Please do not bring drawings rolled-up, but in a portfolio. Below, some examples of questions which could be asked by the admissions committee, to prepare yourself for the interview.
- Why did you choose this academy and this particular department?
- Where did you get the information about the studies and the field of your choice?
- What kind of experience do you have in the discipline you chose?
- The first year is a foundation year. Do you have an opinion about this foundation year?
- Do you think that you can produce good results in situations with well-defined assignments, or do you prefer to work freely?
- What are your expectations of the studies and what are your future plans after completing them?
- In case you are not admitted, will you try another institute or do you have other plans?
The results of the entrance examination will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address you filled out on the application form, approximately 1 month after the exam week. NO information whatsoever concerning the results will be given by phone. If you are unable to attend the entrance examination due to urgent reasons, we request you to notify the Student Office, by telephone +31 - (0)20 - 5711650 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org as quickly as possible.
Home assignment(s) candidates designLAB & Jewellery - linking bodies
Candidates for designLAB and for Jewellery - linking bodies already received the department home assignment(s) by e-mail. Next to the elaborate selection of their work of the past 3 years, they also have to bring the process and outcome of the home assignment(s) to the entrance exam. NOTE: did you not receive the home assignment(s) yet? Send an e-mail to email@example.com .
Preceding the admission exam, all candidates have to pick up their examination papers at the desk in the main entrance hall (Rietveld building). Once you pick up your examination papers, you will be directed to the right floor and room/building and can attend your entrance exam.
If you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: + 31 (0)20-5711650.
All candidates who need to apply for tourist visa to come over for the entrance exam: contact the student office urgently to have the letter of invitation faxed to you! You need this to apply for the tourist visa. Mail: email@example.com
Contact the Dutch consulate immediately for the correct information concerning the application procedure.